Interesting responses. Especially definition of "the process". The "process" has different definitions by Lars and fitz. I would guess my oldest son is still in wrestling due to his commitment to his teammates and his coaches as well as his abnormal level of competing as well as he's not bad at the sport. He's not still involved in wrestling because he loves cutting weight. He's not still involved in wrestling because his body is in pain to the touch at the end of the season. He definitely not still involved in wrestling due to the sacrifice all serious wrestlers have to make in high school compared to all other sports. All those things sound like great fun and I'm sure you do actually know kids that enjoy that part of the "process" but 90/100 or more wrestlers would in my opinion would tell you that part of the "process" sucks. The rest of the "process" is part of who the wrestler is part of why they do the part of the "process" that sucks. The rest of the "process" is the same with all sports! What separates wrestling from other high school sports is what I was referring to as this is a wrestling forum and it was nice to hear a Coach validate that and my wrestler appreciated it.

Patrick Cavanaugh
785-249-3440