There is no weight change rule. The by-law change regarding deadlines for qualifying tournaments was removed. This allows for:

-Pre-registering your kid much sooner than previously allowed.
-Elimination of the 1+ hour of weight changes prior to the seeding meeting.
-Reduction of the "my kid is in the wrong age/weight" and will not be allowed to wrestle. (This happens multiple times every year)
-Seeding meeting to take place any time prior to the tournament.

Note: There will still be a morning weigh in if you choose to use it however no changes will be made to the brackets due to a kid not making weight.

Having the seeding meeting after the Friday weigh in allows for kids to wrestle even if they don't make weight. Our focus as supporters of wrestling should be to get kids wrestling and not making weight. They already have to make the same weight for state. They will have plenty of weigh ins in High School where they will have to make the required weight. Even national tournaments allow weight changes.

Based on last years seeding meeting we should be done before unless we continue having people argue over 2 vs 3 seeding. smile And that is not even counting the removal of the 1+ hours of changes we normally endure.

We are talking about 1 coach per club that "misses out on dinner with their family". As with anything like this, you have a choice. Feel free to send a coach with your seeding info and go to dinner with your family. I think the benefit far outweighs the concern here.

Note, this was talked about in last years Spring meeting, The by-law was changed at the State Body meeting as was also discussed at the district meeting.

@Hawks - Not sure who you are but I'm positive I didn't hear your voice when asking for volunteers for district leadership positions. Feel free to step up before you criticize people trying to increase opportunities for our kids in a sport we love (note I mentioned Kids)

Joe Knecht
(913) 709-9875