Originally Posted By: BigPin22
Originally Posted By: L.Geyer
Originally Posted By: BigPin22
Originally Posted By: L.Geyer
I was wondering how long it would take for this comment.....

I would have to say that the stalling calls that were made during the match myself personally feel were the right calls. But I also feel there very easily could have been another stalling call that would have put this match into overtime.

The worst thing about this match was not the officiating but the way the coach acted after the match. Being upset and arguing for a call is one thing, but throwing the suit jacket on the floor then going at the official after the offical had left the mat and sat down is crossing the line.

First of all the first stalling call was total B.S. It came withing seconds of the start of the period and almost instantaneously when the top wrestler dropped to a single leg. She, the daughter of the ref who screwed the same wrestler last year, did not even give the top wrestler a chance to work for a return to the mat. It was almost like a bad joke where Mom and Daughter sat around the dinner table the night before and talked about robbing this poor kid again. I understand the second call where the point was awarded but that should have been the first warning. And then to Warn the opponent for stalling in the third period Who ran the whole time with 46 seconds left and then never over the point was just plain criminal. This was a state championship match let the kids decide it she should have awarded the point and Let It Go in overtime. Who knows who would have won in overtime but at least the wrestlers would have got to decide for themselves.

That's good old Western Kansas officiating towards East Kansas.

The wrestler got dinged for stalling for the exact same reason last year in the semis. Bottom wrestler hits a stand up and top wrestler goes to a high crotch from behind and pushes the wrestler toward the edge of the mat in my eyes that is avoiding returning the wrestler of the mat. The top wrestler has proved for 2yrs at the state tournament now that he can take down most people. Why not cut him and take him back down if he struggles with returning them? I 100% agree there probably should have been another stall call at the end to send it to overtime, as the wrestler that was up by 1 appeared to be blocking with his hands and backing up. Should have been decided in overtime.

As I said before though, even though the match was controversial it gave no right for the coach to attack the official in the manner be did. He should have consequences from his school as well as the state.

And your comment about Western Kansas against Eastern is a joke. I believe the lead official lives in Lawrence.

And once again you brought up last year's match in the semis. Yes the official came off of the side of the mat to change the situation, but if you look at the rules she changed it to the right situation as the officials on the mat were incorrect. From what I am hearing from you is. That you are mad because you feel you got screwed in that match last year, due the right position being utilized, but you would have rather screwed the other wrestler with the incorrect starting position.

Of course he got screwed last year..everyone knows it! He got screwed again this year by the referees daughter from last year. The first stall warning was within couple of seconds from the starting position this year. She hit him with it as soon as he cut back for a single leg. She did not give him one second to work for a takedown, NOT ONE SECOND! She was undoubtedly waiting for him to do it so she could ding him! I can post the video too, but it's a waste of my time.

Ask any East Kansas school out there how they feel about Western Ks. officiating towards them... It's not a secret!

How many times have you seen a referee come in from the sideline that was not involved in the match intervene with TWO officials that were assigned to the match??????? I'm guessing NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually saw a guy who wasn't in stripes tell an assistant referee to tell the main referee to wipe a caution he had given because the wrestler jumped due to a whistle from another call. This should never happen. It didn't change the match but we should not have former refs(this particular ref is from eastern Kansas and I disagree with a lot of calls he makes) who are not in stripes interjecting themselves. The main ref saw a caution and the assistant ref can't intervene in that situation either. We don't use the assistant ref correctly IMO.