In my opinion, one venue so needs to happen in not only wrestling but most other KSHSAA sports also. My soapbox speech here: Think of the ridiculiousness of EVERY football state championship on the same day, at the same time, at 6 different locations, AND recently at the SAME time as the KSU-KU football game. This is embarrassing! Also, in my opinion for basketball. Play your first round games where you do now, then bring all semifinalist teams to Allen Field House. I'm a Kstate guy, but come on, what kid wouldn't want to play at that place.

As for wrestling - I also agree wholeheartely that Kansas needs one venue for it's 4 different state wrestling tournaments. I have been at the 4A tournament for several years, this year I was in Wichita on Friday and Hays on Saturday. First off, from a fan standpoint - Kansas had so many great kids to watch this year and KSHSAA forces a fan to pick only one venue. This is poor.
Secondly, the crowds were dismal at Hays and Wichita. I can't speak for Salina this year, but the past few years were even worse than that.
Thirdly, Bob Phillips and I ran some numbers with Rick Bowden several years ago and I honestly think KSHSAA loses money with 3 different sites. You could cut down on tons of expenses, the number of referees, hotel comp rooms, etc, etc, etc.

If enough people or coaches agree, where to have it becomes the only question. You would need a third day and a venue to lay down 8 mats. You do not need 10 mats. You would have to wrestle a different schedule as you do now. But, all of that is worth it. Like some of the people mentioned above, the Expo seems to be the most logical. No way Hays, Salina, or Hartman arena could handle it for sure. Get this done Coaches and Admin!