Originally Posted by DamonParker
***Disclaimer: as thread starter I reserve the right to shameless self-promotion of my own studs.***

The fable of the broken jaw continues to grow....Fager's backup, Cole Wells, came into the Garden City Deathgauntlet Chew-Your-Face-Off West Regional with nothing but a 6-4 varsity record and a great attitude. As a lowly 9-seed, he wins his first match, then upsets the 4-seed, then knocked off the 1-seed to make the finals, ultimately to lose in the finals to the #1 ranked wrestler in the state.

My only beef with an otherwise flawlessly-run tournament in a great facility was that the announcer for some reason decided against reading Cole's finalist bio sheet. For "career accomplishments" Cole listed "Austin Fager's backup and John Vincent's practice partner." All we got was, "his opponent....is Cole Wells."

Plus, Prant would be happy to hear that he's an honor roll student and an actual Eagle Scout. No confirmation needed.....STUD.

Stud status also goes to coaches Duane Zlatnik, Jordan Short, and Sabastion Cuffel, who safely delivered our kids back to Topeka in 2001 rear-wheel drive Chevy vans after a 7 1/2 hour drive at 48mph through freezing rain. STUDS.

White knuckles be damned, that is studly in and of it self. Congrats.

"If it is to be, it is up to me!"