Originally Posted by doug747
To try to cram 4A boys, 321A boys, and 1A-4A girls into one arena at Salina? Don't get me wrong, i like the idea of having a state tourney with another class there, but crowding the arena is going to be an issue, a huge issue.....
8 mats instead of 4, so floor seating will be gone, so all wrestlers, managers, coaches, cheerleaders will be moved into the stands, which are already relatively full with just 4A boys wrestling. Start stuffing the 321A crowd in there, plus the girls' tourney crowd, and we have fights in the stands over seats........

The floor seating is relatively new to 4A correct? When I was wrestling there the only let wrestlers and coaches down on the floor and while you were warming up you had to stay behind a gate until your match was on deck. If we have people fighting in the stands over seats thats a problem with our culture, not a KSHSAA problem.

Originally Posted by doug747
Keeping in mind that I already stated that having 321A with us is a positive in my opinion, and I don't know what the issue is that is not allowing Hays to host 321A, but it certainly isn't a 4A problem, which brings me to my biggest complaint: a 3 day tourney, with 3 weigh ins...... seems like there are a couple of classes being treated under a different set of rules than other classes......

I'd be willing to give it a crack with keeping the girls' tourney on Thursday, then trying to get all of 321A and 4A boys in the one arena at Salina on Friday and Saturday.

Maybe someone can give me a good reason for our kids to have to weigh in 3 times for the state tourney......

Thanks
Doug

You might see it as an unfair advantage to have to weigh in 3 times but it's what most other state tournaments who run it 3 days do. In the long run it will better prepare those athletes for the future and also encourge safer weight loss practices.

As a college coach, its a step in the right direction. Going to 2 tournaments in stead of 3 makes recruitment that much easier and gets KS wrestlers more exposure to more college coaches.