As you'll read elsewhere, I'm in Fargo with Mike Juby and Team Kansas! The anticipation of wrestling is barely bearable!

Most of my reporting of the events will be on other pages but I will ask for feedback, questions or requests to come here!

A few of you have been bemoaning the fact that several of our "best" wrestlers are missing from the roster this year. I never recall a year where claims of that fact could not be made and perhaps this year, there are a few more absences than normal.

However, in 2006 the team that is competing will be representing the State of Kansas! These, are great young men!

I always wonder, who will be the next All-American! I always wonder, if our past All-Americans will improve their ranking this year. And I wonder, if a few will live up to their potential and be our next National Champ!

You might recall that in the past I have suggested that certain competitions are "watered down" and All-American status might be less than it could be. Clearly, that is not the case in the Asics/Vaughn Junior and Cadet National Championships! I can't help but recall the Kansas State multiple Champs that go 0-2 or 0-4 at this competition.

It's not been that long ago that our own Danny Grater went 0-4 at this tournament and came back the next year, to be the National Champ.

I can hardly wait till 24 whistles blow starting the action at the Fargodome in Fargo, North Dakota!

Are you making a POSITIVE difference in the life of kids?

Randy Hinderliter
USAW Kansas
KWCA Rep/Coaches Liaison
Ottawa University Volunteer Assistant