Mike:

I enjoyed your review, but this movie concerns me. I have not seen it but my understanding is that Rocky is around sixty or at least way too old to be boxing against the current heavyweight champion of the world and yet he gets into such a match. Is that correct does Rocky get into an actual boxing match against the current world heavyweight champion? If that is true, the thought of it is not close to being moral as far as I'm concerned. It is just a sad and sickening thought to me.

All these spiritual attributes sound great but it seems like Stallone could have made a movie that would have depicted all of these attributes without him having to actually step into the ring against the current heavyweight champion of the world as an old man if that is what happened in this movie. If that is what Rocky did in this movie, I do not think Stallone is sending out a very good message to the young people or anyone else. Boxing can be a very brutal sport. Highly trained athletes in their prime have died from injuries sustained in the sport. It is not golf where Jack Nicklaus or Tom Watson can play a round with Tiger Woods without worry of serious injury or death.

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions