Vince, newsflash, I was never a wrestler, but.... I was a boxer, and a pretty good one. In fact I come from a very good boxing family, my mother's brother wasn't just good, he was very good, World Professional Champion Class and he taught me a lot of what I know about the sport. That said, and I'll keep it brief. Fact is boxing does continue on, on some levels for those who are older in many forms. Not against champions but against great fighters. Believe me, an old man can still hit hard and there is an art to hitting hard, anyone want to take me up on it, I’ll be glad to demonstrate. I watched a ufc fight the other night and some people have great chins as was demonstrated in that fight. What goes often times is speed, power don’t and power can still knock out. Another thing that don’t go, which works with the chin, and something Rocky had was heart. That being the case I don’t doubt that a great fighter in great shape, who is older, would have a chance against a much younger champion fighter who is in a weak classification, or weak era of fighters. Second, I firmly believe that what a 40 year old man, for example can do now, is more than they used to because of advances in medical science. We see older fighters doing well, because science has gotten them to that point. I will also challenge that Stallone in particular, who is the same age as Rocky, did the training he did, to present the physique he did in the movie. In other words, there are no special effects in Stallones body, or workout that he is doing. When he is dead pressing over 300 pounds in the movie, he is really dead pressing over 300 pounds. Thirdly, it is a movie, and in my opinion, and in the opinion of a lot of individuals who have seen it, a very good movie.

I think my concern here, and don't take this personally; after all I consider you a good friend, is that people would watch movies for example and be inclined to replicate what they see in movies. The old adage here that is often used is the violence card. Truth is though, as has been proven by research, is that despite all of the violent video games, all of the violent movies, that the violent crime rate has gone down over the years, and last year according to research as published in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and many other respected newspapers, in fact was the lowest it has been in years, despite, the massive amount of "violence" perpetrated on society via these movies and games.

Simple point, as one who makes in part their living by things like this, is that I firmly believe that the human mind is able to distinguish the difference between fantasy and reality. Rocky for example will do no more harm than Superman did to me when I was a kid, dreaming I could fly. For those that are influenced and appear to act on those outside influences, I believe there are deeper issues, such as mental instability. Again, on this subject, there has been a great deal of research that shows the operation of the human brain, if these individuals are inclined to do damage to themselves, we tend to blame the song, the movie, the game that we think caused the influence, when the research clearly shows, that the individuals brain mechanisms will draw their conclusions from any variety of sources that will cause them to act a certain way. In other words if not a video game or movie like The Matrix, then a cartoon like Tom and Jerry may be used to create their thoughts to get to a particular point.

Long story made short, see the movie if you like the Rocky Character or like movies. If you don't then don't see it, as to the movie causing people to get into a serious sport where potential harm can come about. I doubt that will happen. I love the sport of boxing, I think one of the best sports in the world, in many ways very similar to wrestling other ways not. Personally, I agree with many others, this movie isn't as much about boxing, as it is an individual facing their fears, and going after their dreams to satisfy their own longings. Sylvester Stallone created a wonderful character that influenced many people. I am gratefull for that and this is a fitting tribute to the end of that character.

Still my friend, still appreciate you so don't take any of this the wrong way, we just disagree. Merry Christmas to your family and take care.