Mike:

Below is another review of the movie that is more in line with my thoughts of this movie without even seeing it. This review suggests that Rocky had crippling brain damage in Rocky V and now we are supposed to believe that years later he can come back and safely box the best boxer in the world in his prime who is around thirty years younger than him?

I wonder if Stallone would have made the same movie in 1978 where Rocky was the reigning heavyweight champion of the world and Rocky fought a former heavyweight champion thirty years older than him? Stallone would never have done a movie like that in 1978 because it would not have been macho for him to be going toe to toe with some ex champ thirty years older than him. To me Stallone is sending out to the world that I am still macho at sixty. Is that the message that we want to send out that you still need to be the toughest guy on the block and macho at sixty? I think there are better ways to be a person of character at sixty.

Now he is going to do Rambo again? I read recently that Harrison Ford is thinking of doing another Indiana Jones movie. Maybe all this is just proving that there is no fool like an old fool.

I am glad that Gable never had to do Gone with the Wind II or that Bogart never had to do sequels to Casablanca or the African Queen among others. How could Meryl Streep improve on Out of Africa? I used to always want sequels to movies like that but I know now why it is better to leave the original alone.

http://www.boston.com/movies/display?display=movie&id=8710

Vince Nowak
Kansas College Wrestling Fund Supporter
Please join the fight with your contributions