Kansas Wrestling

Kansas rules vs NFHS

Posted By: hicks91

Kansas rules vs NFHS - 12/23/18 04:36 PM

Can someone tell me where I can find rules regarding if the wearing of headgear in Kansas is mandatory/optional, and the rules on hair legnth. Are we following NFHS or do we have our own rules somewhere?
Posted By: usawks1

Re: Kansas rules vs NFHS - 12/23/18 05:22 PM

http://www.usawks.com/Kids/KidsModif.pdf

These are the rules we modify from NFHS
Posted By: Mike Juby

Re: Kansas rules vs NFHS - 12/23/18 05:50 PM

Randy provided a link for the modifications to NFHS rules for club wrestling. If you are looking at USAW-Kansas tournaments, these are the rules you'll follow.

Since this is the High School forum, I also wanted to clarify that high school wrestling generally follows all of the NFHS rules (ignoring the USAW-Kansas modifications). The only significant difference is with the weigh-in rules. To see those rules, go to the KSHSAA Wrestling manual at www.kshsaa.org/Publications/Wrestling.pdf.
Posted By: hicks91

Re: Kansas rules vs NFHS - 12/23/18 07:17 PM

Thank you. So one quick question. I'm referencing highschool. Is it mandatory to wear headgear? I haven't been able to find anything on that.
Posted By: Kit Harris

Re: Kansas rules vs NFHS - 12/23/18 07:49 PM

National Federation rule book...

Rule 4-2

Art. 4 "Wrestlers shall wear wrestling ear guards designed by the manufacturer for the sport of wrestling that are rigid and padded, which provide:
a. adequate ear protection
b. no injury hazard to the opponent; and,
c. an adjustable locking device to prevent it from coming off or turning on the wrestler's head.
© 2024 Wrestling Talk Forums